From the Overcooked Forehand Blog:
After Oz: Ten predictions for the year’s majors
A familiar male captured the title after some unpredictable and unfamiliar situations — see five-hour match with Stan. Azarenka took a beating, so we’ll back off here, provided the mysterious injury timeout doesn’t happen again. And here are 10 other things from the hippest major to date:
Five things we will see again in 2013:
- Novak Djokovic winning a major. Where? Anywhere. He’s that good, as we know, and his game is that versatile, as we know.
- Novak Djokovic ripping off his T-shirt. The guy likes to rip off his T-shirt. That’s OK with us. He’s probably very sweaty after five-hour matches. We won’t blame him.
- No American man advancing to the second week of a major.
- A final four without Rafael Nadal.
- Sloane Stephens smiling and winning.
Five things we won’t see again in 2013:
- Victoria Azarenka taking an injury timeout. Ever.
- The semifinals of a major without Serena.
- David Ferrer getting cleaned in 90 minutes, no matter the opponent or the round.
- Stan Wawrinka losing a five-hour match to any of the Big Four.
- Li Na being adored by all. (Just kidding.)
Here are a few more posts from this new tennis blog. We will watch for more: